Official Date: October 1st-31st, 2019
Since 2006, October is International Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast cancer is one of the most common types of malignant tumors and is caused by abnormal growth of breast cells. Doctors are concerned about increasing the public awareness of the disease. We are trying to raise awareness of causes, ways of prevention, and the importance of early examination and detection of breast cancer. To discover abnormal changes in the breast mammogram can be used.
- Smoking, alcohol and obesity increases the risk of developing this disease in women.
- Breast cancer does occur in men too.
- Breast cancer doesn’t affect female fertility, however some medications such as chemotherapy can affect egg quality and in sometimes may lead to menopause.
- It’s a non-communicable disease.
- Raise the public awareness of breast cancer, and reduce the stigma of breast cancer by highlighting the symptoms and treatments.
- Raise women awareness about the importance of early and periodic examinations to detect abnormal changes.
- Implement comprehensive breast cancer control programs in line with national anti-cancer plans.
- Developing countries are advised to adopt strategies for early detection of the disease.