As a Patient, you have the right:
- To receive nondiscriminatory and respectful care.
- To get explanations on diseases, treatment, and results in an easy-to-understand way.
- To expect that all communications and records about your health care will be treated as confidential, respectful of legal requirements.
- To refuse treatment, as permitted by law, and to be informed of the medical consequences of that action.
- To voice any concern or complaints that arise, without fear, regarding your health care with your provider or a staff member.
Building relationships of trust with patients is the foundation of our clinic.
As a Patient, you have the responsibilities:
- To be responsible for their own health.
- To provide information about their health and what they want and need.
- To be respectful to other patients, clinic staff and physicians.
- To be financially and administratively responsible.
We must emphasize that your health is our primary concern. We provide the best service in your interests. Thus, it is your duty to pay us for our services.
- To understand the following dynamics of your health insurance.
- Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company, please check with your insurance to determine any pre-existing limitation or other benefit restrictions that you may have PRIOR to your appointment.
- You or your employer pay (s) hefty health insurance premiums each month to your health insurance. Depending on your policy, your insurance decides what would be paid to your healthcare provider, labs, and other healthcare services. Thus, work with your insurance company for your medical bills.
- Most insurance companies do not cover 100% of the cost of services and there is a portion that the patient is responsible for. This includes Co-pays/Deductibles/Co-insurances.
- We will file your insurance as a courtesy and assist you in any way, we reasonably can to help get your claims paid. Your insurance company may need you to supply certain information directly. It is your responsibility to comply with their request. Please be aware that the balance of your claim is your responsibility whether your insurance company pays your claim.
- We take co-pays and full payments in case of self-pay and high deductible plans before the services are rendered.
- For your convenience, we provide the blood collection services in our clinic. For all other labs related coverage and queries, directly contact the lab services or your insurance. Each insurance has its own individual policies about the lab benefit coverage. Thus, we cannot determine what labs will be covered by your insurance.
- Annual Physical Exams is a preventive care visit. Due to mandate of the insurance companies, any sickness related problems cannot be discussed.
- To discuss any abnormal findings from your annual physical exam lab results with our physician, a sick visit appointment is mandatory and separate from the annual physical exam. Thus, you will be responsible for this visit’s payment.
- To comply with all clinic policies.